Welcome to ActionMethod, a project management site that fosters accountability and productivity in the creative professional community. Actionmethod.com is operated by Behance, Inc("We", "Us" or "Behance").
We aspire to do the right, ethical,and legal thing in bringing you this site, and we ask that you use the same judgment as you read, use, and share your content on ActionMethod. If we've made an error, please let us know. You can reach us at info [at] behance [dot] com or at +1-646-918-7738. For the information our lawyers make us include, read on:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms of Service
By using the actionmethod.com website ("Service"), completing the registration process, or by otherwise accessing or using this website service of Behance, you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
Behance reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service, as well as any other changes to the current Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.actionmethod.com/terms.
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your Account without notice. While Behance prohibits certain conduct and content on the Service, you understand and agree that Behance cannot be responsible for any content posted on the Service (the "Content") and you nonetheless may be exposed to materials that you may find objectionable. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by or use of the Service by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Each user login may only be used by the person who registered for and was provided that login – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Behance cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- If you are using a free account you are not permitted to block ads.
- One person or legal entity may not sign up for or maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for fee-based accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- If you initially sign up for a Personal, Basic, Plus, or Premium account, and you don't cancel that account within 30 days, you will be billed monthly starting on the 30th day after your account was initially created. If you cancel prior to the processing of your first invoice on the 30th day, you will not be charged.
- An upgrade from the trial account to any paying plan will end your free trial. You will be billed for your first month immediately upon upgrading.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Behance does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- Upon cancellation, all of your Content will be deleted from the primary servers that provide the Service. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- Behance, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Behance service, for any reason or no reason at all and at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Behance reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Behance reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Behance Site (www.actionmethod.com) or the Service itself.
- Behance shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile or other materials that you have uploaded remain yours (collectively "Your Material"). By providing or submitting Your Material you are allowing Behance to host this material on its servers and display it to you and any other people you designate, based on your preferences and settings. You are also allowing Behance to display the name or alias that you enter with this data to those that are given permission, by you or those that you designate, to view it.
- By providing Your Material to Behance, you represent and warrant that: (1) you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for you to post Your Material and grant the rights described above; (2) Your Material do not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, or other components or instructions that are unlawful,
malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computers' hardware, software, and services, including but not limited to Behance's; (3) you will not submit Content that violates any copyright or other third party proprietary rights; (4) you will not submit Content that is in breach of any other contractual commitment; and (5) Your Material does not and shall not contain any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law ("Unacceptable Content").
- Behance does not pre-screen Content, but Behance and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- If Behance receives a valid complaint about Your Material, Behance reserves the right to remove Your Material or any subset thereof completely from the Service, with or without notification to you. If, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Behance, Your Material contains Unacceptable Content, then Behance may also terminate your access to the Service.
- Behance will process notices of alleged infringement that it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable intellectual property laws. The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Service's designated agent, who is: info [at] behance [dot] com
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2008 Behance, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Behance.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that Behance uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Behance, or any other Behance service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Behance.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Behance customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You agree not to upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You agree not to (a) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service or (b) act in a manner inconsistent with or in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or other applicable U.S. or foreign law, statute, regulation, directive or ordinance.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Behance), we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Behance does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Behance shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Behance has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services
resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
(iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other
matter relating to the Service. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS BEHANCE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ALL COSTS AND REASONABLE EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES), DAMAGES, AND LIABILITIES FOR ANY CLAIMS OF ANY TYPE (INCLUDING INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- The failure of Behance to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Behance and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Behance (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to info [at] behance [dot] com
- Action Method and parent company Behance may contact you with news related to the service and Behance activities.